- 12 oz asparagus, woody ends discarded, tips chopped in 1/4″ pieces and stems in 1/2″, kept separate
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound whole milk ricotta
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup snipped chives
- 1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- A couple of stems each thyme and marjoram minced fine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
Whisk together eggs, herbs and ricotta in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a 10″ nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus stems and 1 Tbs. water, and season with salt. Cover, and cook 2 minutes, or until asparagus has softened. Uncover, raise heat to medium high and cook until liquid has evaporated stirring constantly.
Reduce heat to medium. Pour egg mixture over asparagus sprinkle Parmesan and asparagus tips over top. Cook 5 – 10 minutes, or until eggs are set enough to flip. Gently loosen the frittata from the p0n before the next step! Invert onto plate and slide back into the pan or flip into another 12″ lightly oiled skillet. Cook an additional 5 minutes. Slide out of skillet, and slice into 6 wedges. Can be served at room temperature.