- 1/2 egg pappardelle or other wide egg noodle
- 1/2 pound ricotta
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 1 peeled coarsely chopped apples
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup orange liquors or rum to soak the raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup mild buttery olive oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Zest of one lemon
- Nutmeg and cinnamon to taste
- Healthy pinch of salt
Soak the raisins in the liquors for several hours. While the noodles are cooking preheat the oven to 350.
Beat the eggs and other dairy ingredients together. Add olive oil, seasonings and sugar. Fold in raisins, apples, noodles and nuts. Pour into casserole and sprinkle more cinnamon on top.
Bake 50 minutes to an hour. Allow to cool a bit before serving.