- 2 T olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped or a leek thinly sliced
- 3 stalks celery sliced (include the leaves)
- 1 1/2 lb pork tenderloin (or substitute turkey thigh meat) cup into 1½” cubes
- 3 large cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 t. cumin
- 1/2 t. dried oregano
- Two carrots cut in thick slices
- 4 oz roasted peeled mild green chilies such as Anaheims or Italian sweet peppers roughly chopped
- 1 pound new potatoes – cut into 1” chunks or in half if you get the tiny ones
- 6 oz of Trader Joes salsa verde (or other mild tomatillo salsa)
Saute the celery and onion in the olive oil until the onions are translucent.
Add garlic and meat. When meat is lightly browned, add all remaining ingredients.
Cover and simmer. When meat is cooked through (about 20 minutes) and potatoes are fork tender, remove lid and reduce sauce. Serve with corn bread or crusty sourdough.
A dollop of sour cream (or my preferred Greek yogurt) doesn’t hurt a bit…