You can do this after work and have an impressive dinner on the table in under an hour – really.
Most of this dinner was in the pantry or freezer. I was shopping at Trader Joe’s on Sunday (after Southern California’s day-of-winter on Saturday) and picked up the last couple of items that I needed for tonight’s dinner. Sorry, once again I did not take pics while cooking so use your imagination…
- Half a bag of TJ’s frozen artichoke hearts
- A handful of TJ’s frozen pearl onions
- A diced yellow bell pepper
- A couple of cloves of garlic, chopped
- Herbs – oregano, basil
- Dried chipotle, salt and black pepper to taste
- A 16 oz bag of TJ’s frozen seafood blend (calamari, shrimp and scallops)
- A 16 oz can of GOOD Italian tomatoes
- A big squeeze of tubed tomato paste
Sauté the first 4 ingredients in olive oil, add the rest and simmer until the seafood is just cooked through. Add a bottle of red wine, a salad and some good bread. Done. Happy tummy! Happy housemate!